Volunteer Team Manager Needed
Celebrating the Legacy of Basketball Champion Chong Yew Seng
BAS Level 2 Basketball Referee Course
Basketball Association of Singapore (BAS) Welcomes New CEO
BAS X Evolute Youth Development League 2023
Archives by Year
19-11-2023 | Announcements
Volunteer Team Manager Needed
The role of a TEAM MANAGER (VTM) in a National Basketball Team Team during the appointed period towards any major games or competitions includes:
1) DUTIES OF VTM
a) Team Logistics and Operations:
- coordinate with the high-performance manager on administration matters to plan and make travel arrangements, accommodation, and transportation for the team (where required)
- handling of additional paperwork with regards to the games /competitions where required
- game day preparation such as ensuring team uniform meeting the required standard of respective competitions, proper locker room set up and post game procedures for players where required
- in charge of team budget and all expenses during any games; as well as post-game budget report to Association
- Attend *ALL* meetings required for games pre and during trip, such as team managers briefs
b) Key liaison personnel:
- First and main point of contact for players
- Works with the Association and coaching staff to provide all players the relevant Competition and training schedules
c) Player Welfare and Support:
- looking after players' well-being, addressing any issues they might have (during games overseas)
- provide overall team support and morale
d) Compliance and Regulations:
- Supporting the coach and working with Association to ensure the team adheres to the rules and regulations of respective competitions/games such as player eligibility
2) PRE REQUISITE
a) Effective Communication Skills
- able to communicate in both English and Chinese for liaising matters between players, coaches, association, and external parties where required
- able to write fluently in English
b) Administrative Excellence
- basic accounting knowledge
- able to write in English, especially for Post Game report where required
c) Experience in team management, particularly in Sports.
- Prior experience in Basketball is highly beneficial.
d) Leadership skills
- Strong leadership and the ability to work well with diverse groups of people, - able to conduct one self well, especially during overseas games as a rep of the Association
e) Problem-Solving Abilities:
- ability to quickly resolve issues and adapt to changing situations especially during overseas games
- required to attend meetings where required
- required to travel with team on training trips (local and overseas)
a) Professional Fulfillment:
- The role offers immense satisfaction from being closely involved in the sport, contributing to the team's success, and working at a high level in the field of basketball.
b) Networking Opportunities:
- Opportunities to network with professionals in the sports industry, including coaches, athletes, and sports executives, locally and overseas
c) Travel Opportunities:
- Team managers would be able to travel with the team for games, tournaments, and training camps in various countries.
d) Close Interaction with Athletes and Coach.
- Working closely with elite athletes and coaches (such as Rasik) can be an enriching experience, offering insights into high-level sports performance and training.
f) Learning Opportunities:
- Being part of a national team 3x3 environment offers continuous learning opportunities in areas like sports management, team dynamics, and high-performance aspect of the sport
- Exposure to high-quality training facilities, sports science, and elite sports methodologies
g) Recognition and Prestige:
- Representing the Nation in various games locally and overseas, such as the Asia Cup, Sea Games, etc
h) Making a Difference:
- The opportunity to positively impact players' careers and personal development
- the opportunity to contribute to the development of policies and programs through the Association
Overall, the VTM plays a crucial role in ensuring the smooth functioning of the national basketball team, taking care of logistical, administrative, and operational aspects so that players and coaches can focus on their games pre, during and post-trip.
It is also a platform for continuous learning and contribution to the development of the Sport.
Please email your CV and contact information to Darwis at firstname.lastname@example.org
The application closing date is Friday, 22nd December 2023